Divorce hits everyone.
Women and children first.
The priorities of divorce and divorce recovery are critically important for your health.
Positive Divorce is a choice, a lifestyle, a decision to always present a happy face even in trying times. This is not to deny the depression that might accompany an unwanted divorce, but it is modeling strength for your kids as they are also learning to cope with the loss of their happy family dreams. Here’s the plan.
- Be positive.
- Work out your sadness somewhere else.
- Give 100% respect and love to your other parent.
Positive Divorce Strategies
- START HERE: Transformational Divorce
- In All Cases Be Kind, Unless You Can’t Then Be Assertive
- My Single Parent Slogan: Every Day At a Time
- Our Response to Someone Else is 100% Up to Us: Choose the Positive
- What Makes a Great Dad? 5 Things I Learned From My Divorce
- 10 Positive Thoughts for You About Your Upcoming Divorce
- A Single Dad Sends His Hope and Greetings from the Other Side
- Reaching a Moment of Peace and Happiness As a Single Dad
- Dad’s Divorce Journey: 9-years Later I Still Feel the Loss of Kid-time
- My Single Parent Slogan: Every Day At a Time
- Divorce, Depression, and My Ex-wife: Humans of Divorce
- The Emotional Cost of Divorce is High for Everyone
- Experience, Strength, and Hope After a Divorce with Kids
- The Prayer for All Single Parents (downloadable)
Divorce and Depression
- What I Imagined About the Coming Divorce: The Loss Was Worse
- Self-Care and Fitness: How You Treat Yourself Says More than You Think
- Going Meta: Divorce, Depression, and Befriending Sadness
- The Divorce Whisperer
- What I Need To Tell You: Take Heart After Divorce. It Gets Better.
- Letting Go of Those We Love
- Co-Parenting Problems and Healing Strategies
- Back to the Beginning: Co-Parenting with Serenity
Divorce and Dads with Depression
- Dad’s Divorce: Being Asked to Leave Everything Behind
- Displacement: A Single-Parenting Love Story
- Grief is Underneath: A Divorce Fable
- Cherry PopTarts and Love (fathers & daughters in divorce)
- Team Dad, “Even When We Can No Longer Be Together”
- The Kids are All Right: A Dad’s Divorce Reflections
- The Joy of Divorce and the 3 Gifts of Breaking Up
- The Hero’s Journey of a Divorced Dad
- The Training and Education of a Reluctant Divorcé
- What You Can’t Tell Your Kids After Divorce
- Back to School and Summer’s End for the Single Dad
- Loss of the Proximity Effect as a Divorced Dad
- The Ballet of Waking Up as a Single Parent
- The New Father’s Day: My Day of the Week After Divorce
Divorce and the Holidays
- Finding Joy as a Single Parent During the Holidays: Our Celebration
- The First Holiday Season As a Single Dad: Stepping Into the Void
- A Fractured Family Christmas: One Single-parent’s Anti-Depression Plan
- Celebrating a Drama-free Christmas as a Single Parent
Divorce and the Kids
- Single Dad Writes to his 16-year-old Daughter About the Divorce
- Divorcing with Kids: The Golden Rule – It’s About Time Not Money
- Dear Daughter, We’ll Catch Up on Thursday
- Staying Positive and Becoming Whole – OverDivorce Podcast
- Dads, Fathers, & Men: Single Dads Are Pro Family, Too
- Live On the Interwebs: the Fatherhood Wide Open Interview
- Six Masterclass Lessons on Divorce: Finding a Light After the Loss
- The Inner Life of Your Kid: Navigating Our Own Rainy Fridays
- Dads Will Love You In a Way No One Else Can
- The Narrative After Divorce: What Your Kids Will Never Know
- Dads Are Equal Parents, But Only If They Step Up to the Challenge
Divorce Recovery – Doing Better As a Parent After Divorce
- The 3 Immutable Laws of Co-Parenting
- The Transcendent Single Father
- Loving Again is an Ongoing Leap of Faith
- Love All Parents
- Giving Your Co-parent a Break
- 7 Wins for the Hyper-Focused Single Parent
- Upward and Onward After Splitting Up
- The Good Side of Divorce – Making Things Go Easier
- Continuing Forgiveness As a Single Parent
- Learning What “Responsible Separation” Means
- The Transformation of Parenting in Marriage and Divorce
- Positive Divorce: From Blame To Forgiveness
- All Available Light: Positive Parenting Energy Is Never Lost
- Putting Your Divorce in Context, For Yourself and the Kids
- A Return to Wholeness After Divorce
On the road to divorce recovery, we’ve got to do everything we can, as parents, to reduce the stress and drama for everyone in the family. When one parent strikes out or talks badly about the other parent, the collateral damage may be silent, but the pain is significant.
Bottom Line: Don’t bash your co-parent.
Child Support Issues: Don’t file against them in a court of law, unless you are being threatened or your kids are being threatened. The AG’s office should be reserved for deadbeat dads or moms, trying to escape their custodial and financial duties to their kids. The AG’s office should never be used as a weapon against the other parent. No matter how justified you feel, the burden will be with both of you for the duration of the teenage parenting years.
50/50 Shared Parenting: was my goal. I was denied by my then-wife. But, I believe shared parenting is best for the kids. The research agrees with me. Family courts need to catch up so men are not immediately put on the defensive when the word “divorce” is mentioned. Collaborative divorce should be the starting point for cooperative parents.
Let’s do what is best for our kids, NOT JUST WHAT IS BEST FOR US AS INDIVIDUALS.
The new book is now available.
How I Can Help
I am a relationship coach and a dating coach. I coach women in 1 x 1 zoom or facetime calls. I work in monthly blocks (4 sessions). We establish a relationship. I become your wingman in navigating and sorting through the bullshit of dating and relationships. If you are here, you’ve probably already read some of my opinions. If we’re a fit, we will both know on our first call.
- Coaching Call (30-minutes – FREE)
- Women’s Relationship Group (join Private Facebook Group)
- Men’s Relationship Group (join Private Facebook Group)
- General Whole Parent Group (join Private Facebook Group)
- Subscribe to our monthly email (easily unsubscribe system too)
- The Language of Love: Speaking the Truth with Kindness
- Four Ideas About Dating with Mindfulness: Listening for Signals
- Four Levels of Attraction: Hierarchy of Relationship Needs
- Sexual Hunger: How Friends with Benefits Became a Lie for Me
- Online Dating Adventure: What Is Your Quest?
- Wondering About Beauty, Sex, and My Pursuit of a Lasting Relationship
- Online Dating Challenges: Men vs. Women
- The Soul of Sex: Cultivating Life as an Act of Love Thomas Moore (ESSENTIAL)
- ** Care of the Soul Thomas Moore
- Sexual Intelligence: What We Really Want from Sex–and How to Get It – Dr. Marty Klein
#mensdepression #menanddivorce #maledepression #divorce #divorceanddepression #dadsdepression #mydepression #bipolar #depression