How can we make divorce part of an evolution towards happiness for all parties involved?
I have been writing about and coaching single parents for five years. (A single parent myself for 8 years) My mission is to give positive encouragement, positive ideas, and positive parenting strategies for both men and women after divorce.
Divorce and depression were my first two topics, as they often go hand-in-hand. I’ve since added dating, as that is where my life has evolved, and that has quickly become the most popular part of my site.
We need to learn how to date again. We need to learn what makes for a good relationship, and what signs point towards disaster. I’m working to remap Brené Brown’s wonderful work a bit, to apply it to single parents.
How I want to grow: My coaching practice is very affordable and I work on a sliding scale, often offering my services for free when a person is in need. I’d like to reach a larger audience. I’ve gotten my writing on most of the major outlets and it’s time to go harder into speaking and possibly television experiences. Strengthening my writing will accelerate my plan to spread the message of The Positive Divorce.
That’s where I’m headed.
A few highlights of my “happiness for all parties” work:
- A Radical Approach to Joy
- Just Because You Feel It, Doesn’t Mean It’s There
- Going Meta: Divorce, Depression, and Befriending Sadness
- What I Need To Tell You: Take Heart After Divorce. It Gets Better
- Do You Know the DNA of Your Perfect Day?
- Your Kids Are Watching How You Cope with Divorce
- Field Notes for My Next Marriage (What To Remember Before Getting Married)
- Parenting Lesson: Always Consider Lightening Your Kid’s Load
Thank you for being part of my journey. Let me know how I can support you.
image: my kids the summer before my wife asked for a divorce