Today marks the beginning of the Pre-Natal Agreement era, Dec. 17, 2019.
The Pre-Natal Agreement is a call-to-action. Dads are equal parents. It’s time for dads to take full responsibility for our participation in raising our kids. From the day they are born, both parents must agree to sharing the joy as well as the hard work that goes into raising healthy and happy children.
The book is available today from Amazon in all formats.
And here is the complete agreement.
The Pre-Natal Agreement (from The Whole Parent)
- We are agreeing to bring children into the world as 50/50 co-parents.
- If our relationship fails, regardless of the circumstances, we agree to continue co-parenting with a 50/50 custody agreement, parenting schedule and shared financial responsibility.
- To avoid unnecessary trauma and hardship to either parent, this agreement will supersede any divorce decree or lawsuit filed under protest by either parent.
That’s it. Simple. It’s more of a spiritual document. Like marriage vows, except about having kids. The idea is that this agreement can join a couple in their desire and commitment to having children together. If you are not in agreement about 50/50 parenting The Pre-Natal Agreement can foster that conversation. Before you conceive, please have the Pre-Natal Agreement discussion.
You can find additional information and discussion of this groundbreaking agreement here:
- Dads Are Equal Parents, But Only If They Step Up to the Challenge
- The Pre-Natal Agreement from The Whole Parent
- A Rebirth of the Compassionate Parent & Divorced Dad Advocate
- What Makes a Great Dad? 5 Things I Learned From My Divorce
- The War on Divorcing Fathers: Deadbeat Dad Accusations Are Abusive
- Next-Level Parenting: Being Awesome Even in Divorce
- Asking for Support is Hard for Most of Us, Especially Men
- The Four Simple Rules for Dads Getting Divorced
- Experience, Strength, and Hope After a Divorce with Kids
About the Author of the Pre-Natal Agreement
John McElhenney has been processing his divorce since 2010 on his internationally acclaimed blog The Whole Parent. The Pre-Natal Agreement was created on November 20th, 2019, in a blog post about divorce, A Rebirth of the Compassionate Parent & Divorced Dad Advocate. John believes in 50/50 shared parenting before and after divorce, and is working with Texas and national lobby groups to establish 50/50 custody as the starting point for a divorce between parents. He is an author and national speaker on parenting, divorce, and dating again. His latest book, A Good Dad’s Guide to Divorce is available on Amazon.
NOTE: If you are a law firm or media company who would like review copies of The Pre-Natal Agreement, please contact John directly at [email protected]. A PDF version of the entire book will be made available for review consideration.
As a certified life coach, I’ve been helping men and women find fulfilling relationships. If you’d like to chat for 30-minutes about your post-divorce challenges, I always give the first 30-session away for free. LEARN ABOUT COACHING WITH JOHN. There are no obligations to continue. But I get excited every time I talk to someone new. I can offer new perspectives and experiences from my post-divorce journey. Most of all, I can offer hope.
Here’s a little video I made to show the disparity of typical 70/30 custody agreements.