And at that moment, I also felt the joy of my father's love upon me. He might have left the planet 15 years ago, but his love is still within me. And each time I can really hear and connect with my own kids, my heart lights up with a little bit more healing of my 5-year-old self, my wounded little boy.
Health and fitness begin in your mind. Can you eat better? Can you exercise 3 – 5 times a week? Can you give your own body the love you’d like to shower on a partner? Health is your number one commodity as you get older. Stay healthy by taking little steps towards a better, stronger, you.
- Emotional Variability: Healthier Living Through Mindful Awareness
- Patience, Mindfulness, and the Slow Road to a Healthy Relationship
- 5 Health Factors to Prevent or Lessen Seasonal Depression: Get Support
- Facing Health Issues Alone; Sometimes You Just Want Someone to Hold Your Hand
- Loving the Body: Size, Weight, Color, Age, Fitness, Happiness
- Self-Care and Fitness: How You Treat Yourself Says More than You Think
- ME Cycles and Wondermints: Why Is Self-Care So Difficult?
- Rebuilding Myself Into the Person I Was Before We Married
Fitness and health are the currency of growing old. Let’s do it with intention. Don’t hope to catch up later, get on a health kick, eat better, sleep better, love better. Your fitness and health are the most important things in your life. (Maybe after mental health, in my case.)
In divorce, when you lose everything, what you still have is your kids. And while you are deep into the recovery of your own feelings, paying attention and parenting from a place of wholeness is critical.