INTRO: Each one of us wants to feel loved. We seek a partner. We navigate dating introductions to hopefully find someone to share our lives with. We commit to a relationship and try to make it work. We fail. And we find the courage and energy to start over. Listen to Love on the Air.
We all want to be loved. We seek love. We find someone to love. Then what happens next?
Being in a loving relationship is a continuous process of micro-corrections in our everyday lives together. We will all have difficulties and disagreements, the trick is how we choose to address them as a couple. In a healthy and consciously aware relationship, we can make choices that move us toward our partner. (Saying what hurt us, saying what we want, asking for some changes or modifications in the relationship.) If a relationship is less secure the individual partners might turn away from the relationship in times of struggle. (the fuck-it response, asking for distance, leaving to be alone).
Today we’re going to talk about seeking love and how to know when you’ve found it.
Love on the Air – Listen on Spotify
Here’s our podbean link: Tina Schweiger Talks Dating to Marriage – Episode 1
Visit LOVE ON THE AIR for more information.
John McElhenney – life coach austin texas
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | @wholeparent
As a certified life coach, I’ve been helping men and women find fulfilling relationships. If you’d like to chat for 30-minutes about your post-divorce challenges, I always give the first 30-session away for free. LEARN ABOUT COACHING WITH JOHN. There are no obligations to continue. But I get excited every time I talk to someone new. I can offer new perspectives and experiences from my post-divorce journey. Most of all, I can offer hope.
More articles from The Whole Parent:
- When the Sexual Chemistry Knocks the Sense Right Out of You
- The Dating Journey: From the Break Up to the Pre-Dating Checklist
- Navigating Difficult Conversations in a Romantic Relationship w Grace
- Heal Your Heart from the Fear and Loss by Opening with Vulnerability
- Self-Care and Appreciation: Can I Love All of Myself Right Now?
- 3 Required Traits for Building a Lasting Relationship
Please read my books:
- Single Dad Seeks: Dating Again After Divorce: Advice and Strategies on Learning How to be Loved Again
- Fall of the House of Dad: My journey through divorce, from loss to joy, again and again
- A Good Dad’s Guide to Divorce: One father’s quest to stay connected with his children
- The Sex Index: Getting Our Love Languages Right in the Bedroom
- Here Comes the Darkness: Surviving and Thriving After a Mental Illness Diagnosis
- The Third Glass: When Drinking Becomes an Issue
- The Storm Before the Divorce: When One Parent Wants Out, That’s the End