Recalibrating our taste in a mate is difficult with all of these examples showing us what we should desire. Women have unrealistic expectations, that is draining all the life out of many of them as they try to perfect something in themselves. Abs, for example, may not be that important to their actual happiness. And men, well, expectations cut in our direction as well. The images of desirable men are everywhere as well. But they are not as rigid.
Love is the core skill and core need we all have. Many of us grew up in homes where love was conditional. If you behave this way I will love you. If you go against my wishes, I will exclude you from my love. This is not how love works. Love is universal energy, either you’re tapped into it and give it freely, or you are lacking in love.
- Listening for Desire and Motivation: Crafting Love that Lasts
- Big Love & the Tonic Effect of Being In a Nourishing Relationship
- Defining 5 Love Skills: Moving the Love Languages Into Action
- A Golden Thread Between Lovers: How Do We Disconnect?
- How Do You Radiate? Becoming the Lover You Are Looking For
- Hold the Center in Love: Let’s Reset and Realign on Our Quest
- Becoming the Beloved
- How Are You Showing Up In *Your* Love Life?
- The Three Essential Elements of Love
I look forward to having another opportunity to learn about myself "in a relationship" at some point. I'm happy and patient right where I am. But I believe by having my priorities clear and articulated I can do a better job of finding and sorting through the process of finding that NEXT RELATIONSHIP. I wait enthusiastically.