Here’s the deal: my moment is now.
We’re all about changing mindsets these days. It’s all we hear about. Everybody is running around with misaligned mindsets trying to find a way to push the reset, renew, revive button inside.
Right Now IS the Moment
I’ve spent a good portion of my waking hours moaning about the state of affairs (my own, my country, my partner or lack of a partner) and here’s the deal: my moment is now. My current mindset is everything. It’s what I say to myself, it’s what I long for, it’s what I am consumed by in my daily musings. I can change this. Right now, I can change this obsessive thinking. Let’s give it a go.
Saying Yes To This Moment (daily appreciations can really set your mood and mind in the proper orientation)
- I am healthy in mind, spirit, and body
- My kids are healthy and coping as best they can with an uncertain world
- I feel the joy of my mom (who passed in March) as if I’m still phoning her nightly to tell her the good news about my life
- I am alone and blissful
- Prospects for the future are as bright as they have ever been in my life
Here’s the news: There are no missing ingredients. Sure, I dream about being married again, settled, and fully empowered with a partner who is also blazing new trails in their life’s work. That’s what I want. But at this moment, alone, I am complete. I want her. I don’t need her. I have a great desire for the next LOVE OF MY LIFE, and I know it is best to be patient, rest easy, and work on things within my control.
Everything In Its Right Place
If we’re plugged into our higher consciousness mind, we know this is true.
“What you don’t have you don’t need it now.” – U2
At this very moment, this bright and cooler Sunday morning in October in Austin, Texas, my life is full and complete. I am grateful for all the blessings arriving and passing by. It’s clearer to me today, clearer than ever before, that I am not in control. The timing, the means, the prosperity, the joy, the learning/leaning into despair, it’s all part of a higher plan. What am I being groomed for? I have no idea. But, at this moment, it’s pretty fricken wonderful.
Thank You For This Day
Saying thank you for all that is happening in your life is a bit of a ninja trick. It’s hard to thank the heavens when hard things feel like they are crushing your life. Depression can make EVERYTHING feel dark and hopeless. But even in the darkness, if you can hold on to the promise of the light, you can weather the storm knowing that something is being transformed in you.
This is not some silver lining dream. This is a fact. My trials and tribulations, even my past romantic relationships, have all led me right to this morning. Sitting here in a diner near my new house, drinking mediocre coffee and listening to rock music on my earbuds, I AM COMPLETE.
Thank you for this most amazing day. And in the days to come let me be attuned to a higher power.
Getting In Alignment with the Universe
If I believe that things happen for a reason, I am able to let go of old wounds. As I let go of my expectations (No attachment is the Buddhist way) for what’s ahead, I can more fully open to what’s actually happening. This coffee is not great, but it’s doing the trick. This sunrise out the window of the diner is a promise. I can let go of my expectations when I can trust that some higher love, higher power, higher consciousness, is actually guiding my life.
What is in store for me is in the process of becoming at each moment. Each decision can move me towards the flow, or move me back into the daily toil and traffic of modern chaos. As I embark on my day, I give up my limited map and vow to connect with this mantra, “Thy will be done.”
It’s not my will. It’s not just my plans and actions. It’s not my mindset. It’s not my friends, family, or lovers.
It’s just me and this morning.
How I Can Help
I am a relationship coach and a dating coach. I coach women in 1 x 1 zoom or facetime calls. I work in monthly blocks (4 sessions). We establish a relationship. I become your wingman in navigating and sorting through the bullshit of dating and relationships. If you are here, you’ve probably already read some of my opinions. If we’re a fit, we will both know on our first call. For SEPT-OCT I’m offering a 1 HR introductory call rather than my usual 30-minutes.
I am also launching two coaching groups about dating and relationships in the coming weeks. One for men and one for women, facilitated with a dear friend and wellness/aging coach. Both groups will be limited to 8 participants. So join the FB groups and watch for the opening announcements. THANK YOU.
- Free Coaching Call (1 HR Special)
- Women’s Relationship Group (join Private Facebook Group)
- Men’s Relationship Group (join Private Facebook Group)
- General Whole Parent Group (join Private Facebook Group)
- Subscribe to our monthly email (easily unsubscribe system too)
- Self-Care and Appreciation: Can I Love All of Myself Right Now?
- 3 Required Traits for Building a Lasting Relationship
- Emotional Intelligence Essentials for Long-Term Relationship Success
- Pausing in the Gap: Trying to Force An Answer Is Not the Way
- 7 Habits of a Sizzling Sex Life: Relationship Building
- The 3-point Formula for Loving Relationships: Where You Lead I Follow
- The 6th Love Language: Distance – Jessica Wildfire
- The 5 Love Languages Gary Chapman
- Braving the Wilderness: The Quest for True Belonging and the Courage to Stand Alone – Brené Brown
- **A General Theory of Love Thomas Lewis, M. D. et al.
- The Soul of Sex: Cultivating Life as an Act of Love Thomas Moore
- ** Care of the Soul Thomas Moore