Check it out. The Dad Bro Show interviewed me for their killer podcast. Learn stuff I haven’t already told ya. (grin)
Give’m a listen. Two funny and articulate guys, who happen to be still married with children. They were a bit surprised to learn some of this stuff about custody and divorce. YUK. Great show. Thanks Bros!
John McElhenney joined us to talk about how he was able to develop a positive perspective while he was going through his divorce. John is a single dad who lives and writes in Austin, Texas. John is also the Divorce editor of The Good Men Project and is a contributing writer for the Huffington Post. During the show we talk about:
- John’s epiphany that radically changed his thoughts about being a father in a positive way.
- How he got clarity about making decisions during his divorce.
- His realization about becoming a “Whole Parent” and the most important thing that he did to become one.
- How John processed his emotions while going through his divorce so that negative thoughts wouldn’t impact his kids.
- Learn John’s mental “Judo move” that changed his mind set about his divorce.
- How your kids view what you are doing during your divorce and how that will impact their lives.
- How he talked to his kids about some of the good things that came out of his divorce for him and his ex-wife.
- John talks about how his parents’ divorce impacted him on how he was going to handle his own divorce.
- How writing and journaling helps you get perspective on your thoughts and relieves some of the depression that comes with divorce.
- How he was able to grieve during his divorce.
- 3 things that John did so that he could cope with his divorce. These are techniques that John used to keep him distracted and let him have fun.
John recommends Brené Brown’s book Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead
Go Listen Now: The OverDivorce Podcast: The Positive Divorce by John McElhenney
Back to Positive Divorce